Let the Nocrich Magic come to you!
Hey there fellow adventurer, it’s that time of the year again! Brace yourself, what you’re about to read might change your plans for the summer completely!
Nocrich Scout Centre is running a 7 months European Voluntary Service project from Summer 2018. If volunteering, scouting, learning and travelling are things you want to check on your bucket list this year, you’re reading the right article.
We are looking for 5 volunteers aged 18 to 30 years old from Germany, France, Portugal, Spain or Austria, who have a good understanding of the English language and express willingness to learn the basics of Romanian. If you feel up for living in a multicultural environment where you will be able to improve your communication, coordination and teamwork skills by planning, adapting and practising non-formal activities with the locals, then you are exactly the type of person we are looking for! We like motivation and excitement towards trying new things and appreciate the creativity. Come to see with your own eyes what Transylvania has to offer. Rise and shine, you international volunteer and sign up now!
Click here to find out more: Info Pack EVS 2018_Make it Happen.
But first, let us break it up to you what these 7 months will look like:
- If you have never milked a cow before or travelled by horse carriage, we can make sure you experience it in our beautiful Transylvanian village.
- You will have multiple occasions to discover Nocrich and its surroundings together with other international volunteers and local scouts; let’s not forget about the neighbours who are there for us at all times.
- You will develop your communication skills by talking to natives who don’t speak your language and by creating non-formal activities to teach the youngsters of Nocrich (it also counts as an intercultural exchange).
- You can get crafty in our pottery workshop and practice your artistic abilities and you can bond with the locals creating rooftop tiles from clay, making jam or even the traditional țuică (schnapps).
- You get the chance to learn unique orientation methods by getting involved in our summer events (Nocrich Hike, Construction Camp, Nocrich Camp etc.). You’ll be a pioneer upon your return home, I promise!
- You can join our non-scouting events which can get gastronomic dimensions and will turn you into a master chef (e.g. Transylvanian Brunch).
- You will develop innovative culinary skills by learning how to cook over an open fire during the Construction Camp for instance.
- You will get the chance to befriend other internationals with whom you might cross paths while being here and, of course, all the Romanian scouts.
- You can ride a bike in Hârtibaciului Valley and catch a glimpse of the traditional Saxon villages out there.
- You will get the freedom to plan and implement your own projects. You just have to be convincing and responsible for them.
- Lastly, you will have the chance to explore Romania in its entirety, it’s up to you how you plan your spare time activities.
The deadline for applying for this experience is “as soon as possible”. Make sure you send us your CV and letter of motivation at email@example.com.