Volunteer with us – summer of 2021!
The year of 2021 calls you to bring some changes in the world and live with other volunteers in a wonderful and magical place like the village of Nocrich. No matter your previous experience, at Nocrich Scout Centre you will join a young, international team and learn new things.
Who can join?
You don’t necessarily have to be a scout although scouting experience is much appreciated. If you come from Romania you have to be at least 15 years old. International volunteers have to be at least 18 years old upon arrival.
For how long?
For the summer of 2021 we are looking for volunteers for minimum 2 weeks between in July, August and September, volunteering periods of around 2 weeks each from which you can choose. You have to be available for at least one of the proposed periods.
What can we offer?
- Free accommodation in the camping;
- Free trips within the program;
- Learning, growing and even leadership opportunities in a scout centre;
- A volunteering contract, a volunteering certificate and a recommendation letter;
- Support, mentoring and coordination;
- A young international team and interesting intercultural environment.
What does it imply from your side?
- Motivation to help and an open mind towards diversity;
- Desire and openness to learn;
- Flexibility and patience in the context of unexpected changes;
- You have to pay your own travel expenses, insurance and any other private expenses. You will take turns in the administrative, educational or kitchen tasks. In order to support the food expenses there is a contribution of 20 RON/volunteer/day. In case we select you, but you have a hard time to cover your food, tell us and we can try to offer a discount for the food part.
- Volunteers staying more than a month might be offered to coordinate one of our teams.
- As a volunteer you will be camping so you’ll have to bring your sleeping bag, mattress and tent.
During your stay at the scout centre you will have the opportunity to be part and experience work in various teams:
Every summer we host national and international scout and non-scout groups from in our camping. Some of them just need accommodation, some also book services and activities. Helping to manage the groups, with the help of Beatrice Breazu, the Guests Coordinator, is an interesting task, you get to experience the international dimension of scouting!
As part of this team, coordinated by Amalia Bohateret, you will be helping with organising activities for the scouts visiting us, for those from the village or during events such as Nocrich Hike, Nocrich Camp or Nocrich Construction Camp. If doing energizers and games or leading a workshop for other scouts is something that you enjoy then this team is something for you.
As part of this team you will learn how to work with clay, help with painting and other processes in our pottery workshop. If you have artistic skills or a lot of patience this is the place where you can learn new things about a great craft.
This team, coordinated by Bryan Chavarria from Costa Rica, takes care of the cleanliness and the well being of the house. You will take care of the the tools room and the camping equipment (tents, cooking kits).The members of the team will assure that the campsite, toilets&showers and the yard are clean and prepared for the groups.
As part of this team you will spend most of you time in the kitchen cooking and cleaning or shopping for food in order to provide our team delicious food. During events you might also help distributing ingredients to the participants or learn how to make a menu.
We have a small eco farm with some goats, chickens, guinea fowls and ducks, 2 dogs and 3 cats. We are taking care daily of them. If you enjoy spending time around animals, this is a great experience for you!
If you want to become a volunteer at Nocrich Scout Centre please fill in the form below and after reviewing your application we will contact you.